Offered to the public at our offices and at various sites in the community, Financial Pathways offers classes and workshops to help young people, adults, and seniors better manage their personal finances and plan for a financial solid future.
- BEST TIPS, a 2-hour basic introduction to personal money management
- The Budgeting Workshop, 1.5 hour class on how to create a livable budget
- The Wise Use of Credit, a 1.5 hour overview of how to make smart use of consumer credit
- Psychology of Money, a 2-hour workshop for adults to explore how to make their unique ‘money personalities’ work for them
- Money Matters, a comprehensive multi-unit course that covers all topics of personal finances, including creating an action plan and possible referral to a FFP expert for individual counseling
- Four Cornerstones of Financial Stability, tailored for teens and young adults, a four-class introduction to budgeting, banking, insurance, and credit.
- Real World, a once-a-year, fun and intensive financial learn-a-thon for ages 14 to 21; it has been attended by hundreds, and won the 2012 National Association of Development Organizations Innovation Award.
To sign up, contact Shenell Thompson 336-896-1191.
- Goodwill Prosperity Center classes, Financial Pathways partners with Goodwill Industries of Northwest NC and the Experiment in Self Reliance to offer financial education in Winston-Salem at Goodwill’s Prosperity Center South (582 Waughtown Street) and North (1253 N. Liberty Street).
To sign up: Prosperity Center workshops are limited to individuals who are enrolled in the Centers’ employment and money management programs. Call one of the Centers to enroll: Waughtown Street, 336-788-4965 OR Liberty Street, 336-724-1158.
For more information, please contact FPP by either phone or email:
|336-896-1191 or toll free 888-474-8015|